The Hippo enables children with spica or hip casts to enjoy the same protection provided by commercially available car seats. Snug Seat is the exclusive distributor of the Hippo from Britax USA, the worldwide leaders in car seat innovation.
From Snug Seat, the leaders in pediatric rehabilitation, and Britax USA, the leaders in car seat innovation, comes the HIPPO Car Seat. The Britax HIPPO Car Seat is the only car seat specifically designed for transporting children in Hip Spica Casts, Broomstick Casts and Ilfeld splints.
Every year thousands of infants & toddlers undergo surgery to correct hip and leg problems and must be casted for several weeks while recovering. These casts often make it difficult or impossible for children to use "regular" child car seats in compliance with State DMV laws. The HIPPO Car Seat is the ONLY chld restraint device designed specifically to accommodate most casts and ensure that these fragile children can be transported securely restrained and protected from additional trauma.
The Hippo is designed to be used rear facing for children weighing 5 to 33 pounds and forward facing from 20 to 65 pounds (The upper weight limits refer to a casted weight). This car seat is LATCH compliant for children up to 48 pounds and includes a Versa-Tether®.
- For children in Hip Spica Casts, Broomstix Casts & Ilfeld Splints
- Tether assembly
- Positioning Pads
- Easy-to-clean nylon cover
- Minimum User Weight (Rear facing) 5 lbs.
- Minimum User Weight (Forward facing) 20 lbs., and at least one year old
- Maximum User Weight (Rear facing) 33 lbs. (including cast)
- Maximum User Weight (Forward facing) 65 lbs. (including cast)
- Exterior Shell Width, Depth, Height 20"W x 30"D x 24"H
- Height of should strap slots 12", 14¼", 16½", 18¾"