For those who want basic heart rate-based features to keep their fitness training simple
- Shows when you’re improving fitness based on your heart rate
- Displays calories burned
- Comes with comfortable textile transmitter and coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk
Body measurement features
- Automatic age-based target zone – bpm / % - To help you train safely and effectively, the training computer determines your heart rate target zone limits automatically according to your age-based maximum heart rate (220 minus age). The limits are determined either in beats per minute (bpm), as a percentage (%) of your maximum heart rate, or as a heart rate reserve (% HRR). See also Maximal oxygen uptake (VO2max) and Manual target zone.
- Average and maximum heart rate of training.
- Heart rate – bpm / % - Heart rate is the measurement of the work your heart does. Heart rate can be expressed as the number of beats per minute or as percentage of your maximum heart rate. Heart rate can also be expressed as a percentage of your heart rate reserve, meaning the difference between your resting heart rate and maximum heart rate (HRR = HRmax - HRrest). In Polar software or during strength training, heart rate can be displayed as a graphical trend.
- HR-based target zones with visual and audible alarm - You can define your target zones for a training session based on heart rate to help define the right intensity. When you are out of the preset zones, the training computer will give a visual and audible alarm.
- HRmax (user set)
- Manual target zone – bpm / % - This feature enables you to define the target zone as you want and is suitable for your training. You can set the target zone for your training as beats per minute (bpm), as a percentage of your maximum heart rate, or as a percentage of your heart rate reserve (HRR%).
- Polar OwnCal® – calorie expenditure - Polar OwnCal calculates the number of kilocalories expended during training. This feature allows you to follow the kilocalories expended during one training session and cumulative kilocalories expended during several training sessions. Some Polar products also estimate the fat-burning percentage (fat% on display), that is, kilocalories expended from fat during a workout which is expressed as a percentage of the total kilocalories burned.
- Polar OwnCode® (5kHz) – coded transmission - Coded heart rate transmission automatically locks in a code to transmit your heart rate to the training computer. The training computer picks up your heart rate from your transmitter only. Coding prevents interference from other training computers.
- Totals - Totals includes your training data starting from the last reset enabling you to follow your long-term training.
- 10 Training files (with summaries)
- Graphical target zone indicator - This feature points out graphically on the display the zone you are in during a training session helping you to stay on the desired intensity zone.
- HeartTouch – button-free operation of wrist unitk - When HeartTouch is on, different training information during training can be accessed without pressing buttons, for instance, when gloves make pressing buttons difficult, by bringing your training computer close to your transmitter.
- Date and weekday indicator
- Display text in English, German, Finnish, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, and Italian
- Dual time zone
- KeyLock - By activating KeyLock, training computer buttons are locked, and accidental presses do not cause problems, for instance, during training.
- Low battery indicator
- Time of day (12/24h) with alarm and snooze
- User replaceable battery
- Water resistant – 30m
- Weight 29g
- Battery life 1 Year
- Battery type CR1632
- Water resistance 30m
Whats in the box
- Polar FT4 training computer
- Polar WearLink®+ transmitter
- Quick Guide
- Other Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitors,FT4 Heart Rate Monitors