Clear Training Guidance
For active exercisers who want clear guidance and to monitor their fitness level.
- The EnergyPointer tells you if the main effect of your training is fitness improvement or fat burning
- The Polar Fitness test measures your aerobic fitness at rest and tells you your progress
- Displays calories burned
- Comes with comfortable textile transmitter and coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk
Body measurement features
- Average and maximum heart rate of training
- Heart rate – bpm / % - Heart rate is the measurement of the work your heart does. Heart rate can be expressed as the number of beats per minute or as percentage of your maximum heart rate. Heart rate can also be expressed as a percentage of your heart rate reserve, meaning the difference between your resting heart rate and maximum heart rate (HRR = HRmax - HRrest). In Polar software or during strength training, heart rate can be displayed as a graphical trend.
- HR-based target zones with visual and audible alarm - You can define your target zones for a training session based on heart rate to help define the right intensity. When you are out of the preset zones, the training computer will give a visual and audible alarm.
- HRmax (user set)
- Manual target zone – bpm (upper limit) - This feature enables you to define the target zone as you want and is suitable for your training. You can set the target zone for your training as beats per minute (bpm), as a percentage of your maximum heart rate, or as a percentage of your heart rate reserve (HRR%).
- Polar Fitness Test - Polar Fitness Test measures your aerobic fitness at rest in just five minutes. The result, Polar OwnIndex, evaluates your maximal oxygen uptake (VO2max). With the Polar Fitness Test you can measure your aerobic fitness by yourself, automatically and without any exertion. All you need is your training computer. The Polar Fitness Test is as accurate in predicting the VO2max as any sub maximal fitness test. The test is based on heart rate and heart rate variability at rest and personal information.
- Polar EnergyPointer - EnergyPointer is an easy-to-use feature which tells you during a training session if the main effect of your training is fat burning or fitness improvement. EnergyPointer visually indicates the center point between these two training effects, so when you are below that point, you are improving fat burning, and above that point, you are improving your aerobic fitness
- Polar OwnCal® – calorie expenditure - Polar OwnCal calculates the number of kilocalories expended during training. This feature allows you to follow the kilocalories expended during one training session and cumulative kilocalories expended during several training sessions. Some Polar products also estimate the fat-burning percentage (fat% on display), that is, kilocalories expended from fat during a workout which is expressed as a percentage of the total kilocalories burned.
- Polar OwnCode® (5kHz) – coded transmission - Coded heart rate transmission automatically locks in a code to transmit your heart rate to the training computer. The training computer picks up your heart rate from your transmitter only. Coding prevents interference from other training computers.
- Compatible with Mac (Intel-based) – opt. with Polar FlowLink:
- Compatible with polarpersonaltrainer.com – opt. with Polar FlowLink
- Totals - Totals includes your training data starting from the last reset enabling you to follow your long-term training.
- 50 Training files (with summaries)
- Weekly history - Weekly history gathers your weekly training data. By selecting a week, you can review your training data for the week.
- Graphical target zone indicator - This feature points out graphically on the display the zone you are in during a training session helping you to stay on the desired intensity zone.
- HeartTouch – button-free operation of wrist unit - When HeartTouch is on, different training information during training can be accessed without pressing buttons, for instance, when gloves make pressing buttons difficult, by bringing your training computer close to your transmitter.
- ZoneLock - ZoneLock feature helps you to accumulate certain intensity. You can either lock a zone before a training session or during it by pressing a button when you are on the desired zone.
- ZonePointer - ZonePointer is a visible and moving symbol on the training computer display indicating whether you are inside the pre-set target zone. This feature helps you to reach the desired intensity/pace/speed/cadence targets.
- Date and weekday indicator
- Display text in English, German, Spanish, and Italian
- Dual time zone
- KeyLock - By activating KeyLock, training computer buttons are locked, and accidental presses do not cause problems, for instance, during training.
- Low battery indicator
- Time of day (12/24h) with alarm and snooze
- User replaceable battery
- Water resistant – 30m
- Weight 41g
- Battery life 1 Year
- Battery type CR2025
- Water resistance 30m
Whats in the box
- Polar FT40 training computer
- Polar WearLink®+ transmitter
- Other Polar FT40 Heart Rate Monitors,FT40 Heart Rate Monitors