The Polar AW-series activity watches are designed for active walkers, recreational hikers and outdoor lifestyle minded people
whose objective is overall well being and staying fit. The Polar activity watches are created for outdoor recreation -- not for structured activity
as with the Polar heart rate monitors.
The Polar AW200 contains innovative accelerometer technology -- When walking or running, the body motion produces impulses, which the sensor is sensing. The faster you are moving, the more impulses are produced.
The sensor senses the impulses only if the body movement is constant and strong enough. (Must be walking for 10 sec before it starts.)
- Stainless Steel design with Mineral Glass Lens and Firm Grip Buttons
- Changeable Battery
- Water Resistant to 50 meters
- Compare active time w. total time & find out how long you’ve been move on a health beneficial intensity level.
(Aim for 30 minutes or more per day)
- 5 zones (speed levels) showing level of effort
- Motivates you to increase activity level for greater health benefits
- Allows simple targeting of daily activity
( Aim for 7000 steps per day)
- Motivates by giving a read-out of calories burned.
- Measures current altitude with graphical trend which provides more accurate caloric measurement
- Measures current air pressure and temperature
- Records data during action
- User can track activity efforts over time & monitor progress
- Contains watch functions, date & alarm so user can wear in daily life
- Note that the Polar AW-series activity watches are NOT heart rate monitors (see differences below)
|Polar AW Activity Watches vs Polar Heart Rate Monitors
- Source of information: body activity, body forward movements
- Not designed for structured exercise
- Feedback is easy to understand and based on physical movement
- Tells how intensely the body is moving
- Source of information: body signal, body physiology
- Designed for structured exercise
- Detailed feedback and based on individual body response
- Tells how the body is reacting to the movement
- Indicates fitness improvement