Tired of cumbersome equations to calculate CFM?
Like the 4100, the Kestrel 4200 has taken the calculations and guess-work out of air flow measurements with automatic air flow readings. The convenient averaging mode ensures accurate CFM readings in any airflow or duct size and shape. For immediate and accurate air flow readings, simply:
Innovative Design and Features
- Enter the duct shape and dimensions.
- Hold the 4200 in the air flow.
- Volume air flow readings are displayed... no calculator required!
The Kestrel 4200 makes HVAC technicians jobs even easier with automatic wet bulb temperature and humidity ratio readings. Of particular interest to dehumidification professionals, the Kestrel 4200 measures relative humidity, dewpoint, wet bulb temperature and heat stress index as well as the humidity ratio—and the patented dual chamber humidity sensor assures fast and accurate readings in any environment. This multi-functional precision instrument also measures: volume air flow, air velocity, barometric pressure, altitude, wind chill, heat stress index, temperature, relative humidity and dewpoint, either ambient or in any accessible airflow.
Easy-to-Use Data Logging & Computer Upload
The Kestrel 4200 air flow meter features a powerful data logger that records 1600 sets of measurements at user-selectable time intervals (over 2 years of data can be recorded). Logged data can be reviewed with the 4200’s on-screen graphing capabilities, or uploaded to a PC for in-depth review. The optional Kestrel Interface and accompanying Kestrel Communicator software makes long-term storage, in-depth analysis and detailed charting of stored data a breeze.
With on-screen customization, the 4200 can truly be personalized for every technician. Easy set-up screens allow the unit to display only relevant readings, and hide screens not related to the job. Plus the Kestrel’s user screens group pertinent information on one easily referenced screen.
Don’t let the inexpensive price tag fool you — the Kestrel 4200 is as accurate as instruments costing far more. Every Kestrel is individually calibrated to NIST-traceable standards and comes with a free Certificate of Conformity. (Individual NIST certificates and recalibration are also available.) Consider the 4200’s hold and averaging functions, and it’s the only instrument HVAC technicians need to perform a variety of jobs.
Kestrel 4200 Measures
Kestrel 4200 Features
- Volume air flow in cfm, L/s, m³/s, m³/m, m³/h
- Air velocity (current, average, and maximum)
- Heat stress index
- Relative humidity
- Temperature in °F or °C
- Humidity ratio
- Barometric pressure
- Wet bulb temperature
- Density altitude
Kestrel 4200 Includes
- Waterproof and floats
- Backlight for low light conditions
- Data Logger (automatic and manual)
- Customizable data storage - 1600 data points
- Minimum, Maximum and Average values
- Multi-Function 3-line display
- Data charting
- Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
- User-replaceable impeller
- Flip-top impeller cover
- Upload to a computer (with optional interface)
- Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
- US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074
- 5-year warranty
- Assembled in the USA