|Kestrel 0845NVOLV 4500NV Pocket Weather Tracker - Olive Drab
|For years our customers have been asking for wind direction along with wind speed. New for 2007, the Kestrel 4500 does just that with its built in digital compass. But it doesn’t stop there. It also calculates crosswind and headwind/tailwind with reference to a user-set target heading, and stores the information along with all the other environmental readings in its 1400 data point memory more ...
For years our customers have been asking for wind direction along with wind speed. New for 2007, the Kestrel 4500 does just that with its built in digital compass. But it doesn’t stop there. It also calculates crosswind and headwind/tailwind with reference to a user-set target heading, and stores the information along with all the other environmental readings in its 1400 data point memory.
Pair the 4500 Wind Meter with the Kestrel Vane Mount and you have a data-logging weather station that sets up in seconds and rotates in the slightest of breezes. Did we mention that the whole kit is the ultimate in portability? It packs down into a 2 x 6 inch pouch and weighs under 8 ounces.
Military personnel and pilots flying in darkness are often concerned with preserving their night vision. Due to overwhelming demand from our military customers, the Kestrel NV line was added in 2005.
The Kestrel 4000NV is available with an Olive Drab case or a Desert Tan case. The unit has a night-vision preserving backlight which helps users to sustain natural night vision. The NV's backlight incorporates an optical filter to reduce overall brightness and minimize blue and green spectrum light to preserve night vision. Additionally, NV backlights are also much dimmer than a standard backlight, making it more difficult to detect with the naked eye in night operations. This backlight appears soft greyish pink, not red, and is still in the visible spectrum, so is not compatible with night-vision equipment.
It takes 30 to 45 minutes for the average eye to adapt to darkness and maximize night vision. Even a short burst of white, yellow, green or blue light “bleaches out” the rod cell photoreceptors in the eye and causes night blindness until the entire adaptation process can take place again. Light in the red spectrum does not cause this “bleaching out”, preventing night blindness and night vision fatigue.
Kestrel 4500 Measures
Kestrel 4500 Features
- Heading (true & magnetic)
- Wind direction
- Pressure trend
- Barometric pressure
- Wet bulb temperature
- Relative humidity in %
- Heat stress index
- Wet bulb temperature
- Density altitude
- Wind chill
- Air, water, and snow temperature °F or °C
- Current, average, and maximum air velocity
Kestrel 4500 Includes
- Waterproof and floats
- Time and date
- Easy- to-read backlit display
- Data Logger (automatic and manual)
- Customizable data storage - 1400 data points
- Minimum, Maximum and Average values
- Multi-Function 3-line display
- Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
- Exterior temperature, humidity, and pressure sensors for fast and accurate readings
- Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
- Graph and recall trends
- User-replaceable impeller
- Flip-top impeller cover allows use of other functions while protecting the impeller
- Data charting
- Upload to a computer (with optional interface)
- Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
- US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074
- 5-year warranty
- Assembled in the USA
- Soft carry pouch
- Neck lanyard
- Batteries - 2 AAA
- Kestrel Certificate of Conformity
* within the 48 continental US States