The RideSafe® Travel Vest is a restraint that is worn by the child like a vest. It is designed to provide upper torso restraint while vehicle’s normal lap belt can’t. It locates vehicle’s lap belt in better position on lower side of the hips and thighs, and shoulder belt on the child’s shoulder but not on neck by preventing belt being loose. It also reduces the loads transferred to the child in a crash.
RideSafer 2 has two different use modes, one use mode as a harness/vest when secured with a lap belt and top tether and a second use mode as a vehicle belt positioner when used with a vehicle lap and shoulder belt.
RideSafer2 provided in a small and large size for children 30 to 60 lbs. and 50 to 80 lbs. respectively. The harness use mode, used with the vehicle lap only belt and top tether, for both size vests is limited to use with children weighing 60 lbs. or less.
RideSafer2 tested and certified to the dynamic test requirements specified in FMVSS 213, the RideSafer is also designed to and complies with all of the other applicable requirements of FMVSS 213 for a harness including product labeling, webbing requirements, buckle release force, and instruction manual.
COMFORT AND PORTABILITY - Made of soft fabric and padding, instead of hard plastics.
Child can continue to wear it outside of the car, or parent can easily carry it with them.
COOL AND STYLISH TO WEAR - Outward appearance mimics a space suit, which appeals more to children based on market research.
Children would show off to friends, instead of feeling as if they are sitting in baby seats.
- For children outgrowing convertible CRS
- Improved safety & design over currently available products
- Vehicle belt positioned in front of child
- Use in any rear seating position lap-only seat belt or lap and shoulder belt.
- Portable, Compact and Easy to use.
- Reflective trim for low light conditions.
- A child restraint system that older children want to use.
INNOVATIVE DESIGN ELEMENTS:
- Reduced head and knee excursion
- Reposition lap belt below abdomen, protecting organs
- Reposition shoulder belt away from child’s neck
- Energy absorbing design
- Deformable multi-layered clip for Top Tether System & Shoulder Belt Positioner
- Foam, energy absorbing lamination