The medical Body Composition Analyzer (mBCA) from seca breaks down weight into several compartments that are important for medical purposes. The seca mBCA 514 is a medical body composition analyzer validated against the gold standard recognised by medical science.
The medical Body Composition Analyzer (mBCA) by seca breaks down weight into body compartments relevant to the practice of medicine, namely, Fat Mass and Fat-Free Mass, Body Water (made up of extracellular water and intracellular water) and Skeletal Muscle Mass. Measurements are processed by six analytical modules and presented in easy-to-understand graphics. seca has conducted validation studies¹ that compare its measurement results with the scientific gold standard. This level of precision is found in the device itself, e.g., in the standing aid function, which guarantees that the subject is always measured in the right position, in the hand-held electrodes which prevent measurement errors and in the large glass platform which is suitable for weighing patients up to 600 lbs. Additional advantages include the short measurement time of less than 20 seconds and the simple and intuitive navigation over the touch-screen display. In brief, the seca mBCA is the best help for the diagnosis of many diseases such as current epidemics of obesity, diabetes or malnutrition
- Fast and easy assessment of body composition, e.g., fat mass and body water.
- Six modules for varied analysis of measurement data.
- Medically precise, validated against gold standard measurement results.
- Network-compatible with seca 360° wireless technology.
- Simple and convenient entry and read-out of results on swiveling touch-screen display.
- Electrodes on handrail give patients a firm stance and ensure reproducible results.
- Integrated scale with a weighing capacity of up to 300 kg.
- Other Seca 514 Body Composition Analyzers