Polar, the pioneer of wearable sports and fitness technology and the leader of heart rate monitoring for more than 35 years, announces their evolved Polar V800 multi-sport watch. In addition to two new sleek color options featuring an all-black or a red design, Polar’s flagship product now offers enhanced route and explore functions, caters to longer training sessions with its new GPS low-power mode and offers even more user customization, functions and third party integration with GoPro as well as GPX tracks with the Polar Flow web service.
To celebrate the Polar V800 as the choice of the champions, Designed with triathletes in mind, the bundle includes the new all-black Polar V800, Polar universal bike mount and Polar cadence sensor Bluetooth Smart.
New Polar V800 users as well as current owners will appreciate the enhancements to Polar Flow’s web service. With the new Route and Explore functions, users can search new routes based on location, sport, distance and time period as well as search by name to find out where the other Flow athletes like to ride. Updated analysis functions offer the ability to add, move and delete laps, trim trainings and provide more customization so that the users can select the measures according to their interests.
With updated third party capabilities, users can now import GPX tracks into Flow from other services and be able to experience them using the Polar V800. Other GPS upgrades include an enhanced route guidance function on the V800, a GPS-based inclinometer and additional GPS low power mode that will be especially useful for very long trainings such as hikes and ultramarathons.
Additional third party integrations include GoPro capabilities, coming later this year. Polar V800 users will be able to operate GoPro cameras and inject performance and heart rate meta data into the GoPro camera as it films. Polar is among a group of early developers that have access to GoPro toolkits that will enable Polar to connect with GoPro products.
The Polar V800 provides a multitude of features that professional athletes and demanding amateurs can trust. In addition to accurate monitoring of training sessions, 24/7 activity monitoring and personalized coaching, the V800 also features wrist-based running cadence and a unique running index score, allowing users to see the development of their running efficiency as well as predict their race times based on their running training. The multi-sport watch provides customizable profiles for multiple sports, seamlessly changes between sports recording transition times, and offers a host of unique features including open water swimming metrics.
- Integrated GPS - The V800 includes fast and accurate GPS functionality, allowing you to see your speed, distance, and route.
- Sport-specific profiles - Create and customize profiles for different sports and get exactly the data and guidance you need to train effectively in each one.
- Great for swimming - The V800 is waterproof to 30 meters and can measure your heart rate even in water (requires additional sensor). Supports both pool and open-water swimming.
- Running cadence from the wrist - Keep an eye on your running cadence to improve your running efficiency and avoid injuries.
- Predict your event finish times - Based on your long-term progress, Running Index analysis predicts your event finish times for 5K, 10K, half marathon and marathon runs.
- Import new routes - Find new routes and import them to Polar Flow from other services that support GPX or TCX files.
- Track your activity - Learn how your daily activity affects your recovery status and find the perfect balance between training and rest.
- Sensor compatibility - The V800 is compatible with Polar Bluetooth® Smart running and cycling sensors, which provide even more detail about your training.
- Polar Flow - The exclusive Polar Flow service records detailed information about each training session, allowing you to monitor progress and plan further training quickly and effectively.
- Weight 79g
- Thickness 12,7 mm
- Display size 128 x 128 pixels, high contrast, high resolution display
- Integrated GPS
- 8MB flash memory
- Rechargeable 350 mAh lithium polymer battery
- Battery duration up to 13h of training time with GPS and sensors and up to 50h in GPS low power mode
- Gorilla glass window
- Aluminum and stainless steel shell
- Water resistant - 30m
- USB cable for data sync with PC or Mac via Polar FlowSync
- Bluetooth Smart
- Hybrid solution for sensors: BT Smart & 5kHz (heart rate, stride, bike speed, cadence, power)
- Polar Flow web service compatibility with Mac OS X 10.6, OS X 10.7, OS X 10.8, or later, and PC Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, or later
- Polar Flow mobile app compatibility
- Updatable software
- Compatible third-party power meters (Check third-party compatibility)
- UI languages English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Danish, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, German, Italian, Finnish, Polish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese