UPPAbaby is taking safety to the max with its newest infant car seat.
The MESA Max builds on the MESA series by adding two leading safety features: a steel-reinforced load leg and an anti-rebound panel that limit movement and rotation of the seat in a crash.
Studies show that car seats with load legs reduce the risk of head injury by nearly 50 percent. The MESA Max also features a larger headrest for added side impact protection, and its carry handle can also be used in a new fourth position to prevent rebounding.
The MESA Max also introduces features like an extra-large UPF canopy for full coverage, side ventilation for added airflow, an infinite adjustable headrest to customize fit, and a contoured infant insert for added newborn support.
The base of the MESA Max installs in a matter of seconds, thanks to self-tensioning LATCH connectors and three indicators that turn green to signal that a safe installation is complete. For taxis and travel, the seat can be installed without the base with European-style seatbelt guides that double as harness holders when youre helping baby in and out.
The MESA Max pairs with all UPPAbaby strollers, connecting the UPPAbaby CRUZ and VISTA strollers without adapters.
While all colors of the MESA Max are free of flame-retardant chemicals in the fabrics and foam, the Greyson and Gregory colors are made with a merino wool, a fabric thats naturally fire-resistant, moisture-wicking and breathable to help control babys temperature.
- Steel-reinforced, adjustable load leg limits forward rotation in a frontal crash, reducing the risk of head and neck injury
- Anti-rebound panel stabilizes the base in a rear-impact collision
- Extra-large UPF canopy adds 43% more coverage than previous MESA canopy and retracts into carrier when not in use
- SmartSecure system uses red-to-green indicators and self-retracting LATCH connectors allow for fast, accurate and easy installation
- Adjustable headrest is reinforced with EPP foam providing added protection
- Connects to all UPPAbaby strollers, including the VISTA and CRUZ without adapters
- No-rethread, 5-point harness eliminates the need to take apart the harness system as baby grows
- Can be installed using only the seatbelt using secure European-style installation system
- Belt guides also keep harness out of the way while helping baby in and out
- Plush infant insert is contoured to infants body, providing support up to 11 pounds
- Fourth position on carry handle can function like anti-rebound bar when installing seat without the base
- Fabrics are removable and machine-washable